With Mother’s Day fast approaching, we would like to take a moment to thank you all once again for your patience and understanding regarding our regulations at Mountain Valley Manor Adult Care Home (MVM) during the continued Covid-19 global pandemic. Recently we have had some movement towards loosening of regulations and restrictions for our residents; however at this time we are still officially closed to indoor visitations.
In response to these continued restrictions, we have implemented a new beta program that we are currently testing which allows residents to leave MVM for non medical reasons such as Mother’s Day or other important social events with their families. All requests for trips must be submitted through our portal for visiting and all requests have to be approved in advance off the date.
At this time we are respectfully suggesting the following guidelines:
- All on campus visits, virtual visits and out trips MUST be made through our appointment making website (www.mountain-valley-manor.appointlet.com) and confirmed with an email confirmation. An online form will be sent to your email and it will need to be filled out in full prior to Sunday or the visit / out trip will not take place. This is a requirement of New York State Department of Health( NYS DOH).
- Out trips can be scheduled between 9 am and 2 pm for proper staffing purposes. This explicitly means residents are leaving MVM no earlier than 9 am and must be returned by 2 pm.
- The recommended maximum out trip time is 3 hours. (example – you pick up mom at 10 am you will have her back to MVM by 1 pm).
- If you are dining out, please use outdoor seating. Dining at home is preferred.
- If there are any individuals who will be around your loved ones that are not vaccinated or not fully vaccinated everyone must wear a mask. This includes all children of any age. (**fully vaccinated is defined as receiving both doses of vaccines and two weeks have passed since the last dose of vaccine**).
- Residents who are leaving MVM must be transported by a fully vaccinated individual and they must wear masks while in the vehicle.
- Returning MVM residents will be required to change their clothing and wash their hands and face upon return from their out trip, and if time allows they will be fully bathed/washed as well.
- Any gifts sent that you plan on sending for Mothers Day should be dropped off at least a day in advance and clearly labelled for their intended recipient. This allows us enough time to ensure proper sanitation and distribution to our residents.
- No visitors will be allowed inside of MVM at any time on Mother’s Day. This includes the use of our bathroom, or for any type of visitation regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status. Please plan accordingly.
- Visits to the MVM campus will continue to remain outside with social distancing and the use of proper facemasks regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status.
- Residents will be granted no more than 2 visits on Mother’s Day. Please speak to your other family members to arrange visitation together.
- Any person visiting over the age of 10 will be considered a single visitor and will fall under the 2 person visiting maximum.
- Visits are currently scheduled for 30 minutes but maybe shortened in order to accommodate more appointments. Please watch your email, our facebook page or our website for further updates as needed.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the administration during normal business hours.
If there are no appointments available for visitation, please contact Jennifer before 3pm on Friday. Any requests for visitations after this time will be subject to availability and can not be guaranteed. Any requests for out trips will need to be confirmed prior to this as well.